Quickie II

Wow this is *totally* fun. Which are you? Nerd? Geek? or Dork?

Comments

grrrbear said…
For the record - My results:

Pure Nerd

78 % Nerd, 34% Geek, 17% Dork

For The Record:
A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.

A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd. The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful. Congratulations!
J.Po said…
I'm pure nerd too! YAY! However, I have a different balance of geek:dork and a lower level of nerdome compared to Grrbear. I think it's because I was once a swimmer and I now take ballet. Amazing what that will do to one's answers.

Pure Nerd
69 % Nerd, 21% Geek, 34% Dork
JYates said…
Well, My results are a little different. I'm a ...

Modern, Cool Nerd

69 % Nerd, 73% Geek, 34% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

I can't wait to tell my students I'm cool!!!!

Oh, my Wife is quite pleased there are more like her, The Pure Nerd (73% nerd, 30ish geek, 20something dork)
Stacey Pelika said…
Shockingly, I, too, am a Pure Nerd! And what a nerd am I - I out-nerd the rest of you!

86 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 34% Dork

It's interesting that three of us scored the same in 'dork' - I wonder if we answered exactly the same way?
Anonymous said…
But lo, I out-nerd you all:

95 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 34% Dork

Am I pleased, or embarassed? Hard to say...
towwas said…
Surprising no one, I, too, am Pure Nerd. 85% nerd, 15% geek, 37% dork. Spice, I'm jealous that you're nerdier than me. Hey, do you guys think you could recognize me from my new picture?
OleNelson said…
Behold the nerdiest of them all!

98% Nerd
3% Geek
26% Dork

So I'm basically your king now. The Nerd King.
Stacey Pelika said…
All hail the Nerd King!
grrrbear said…
Anyone else notice that OleNelson and I are the only ones that *weren't* 34% Dork? I wonder what that means. It'd be pretty sad if I was the social sophisiticate of the group...
Anonymous said…
69% Nerd, 0% Geek, 17% Dork
Though my nerd-credentials seem intact enough to keep me in graduate school, I thought I was less normal and more zany than this test suggests. It does accurately depicts my absolute revulsion for fantasy, sci-fi, techical, and fan clubby.

Nerds rule!
Annie said…
Pure nerd. I can't remember the numbers but they were in the 70% range.

I liked that quiz!!