Who'da thunk there's be so many ways to screw?

Next week may be quiet for a few days as I'll be out of town on business much of the week and don't know how much 'net access I'll have. Sunday, I fly to Baltimore for a convention of companies that make and sell fastening equipment (screwdrivers, wrenches, etc) on Monday and Tuesday (Hey TOWWAS - how far is Baltimore from you? Wanna meet up for dinner?) and then Tuesday I leave from the convention to fly to Orlando for another convention on Wednesday (I think this one is for companies that make stuff for private planes).

The fastener show is HUGE, allegedly - hundreds of companies all there to show off their different screwing devices. No doubt, I'll be pulled into all sorts of top secret meetings to discuss new ways to screw. The schedule though is pretty much only in the afternoon, so I'm not quite sure what I'll do with myself in the mornings. I've never been to Baltimore, nor have I ever been to Orlando (or Florida for that matter). Any ideas? I hear that the crab cakes are good in Baltimore...

And no, I'm not going to have time to go to Disney World.

Comments

Unknown said…
Until the screwing industry breaks out of their ridiculous righty-tighty-lefty-loosey mindset, I'm not donating to their PAC.
grrrbear said…
You know, I never thought about that, but come to think of it, are they implying that democrats are "easy" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more)?
towwas said…
Hey dude - Baltimore's about an hour away. I'd love to meet up! I have Plans Monday and Tuesday nights though...could you do Sunday? I suppose I could cancel my Monday thing, but I'd like to go. (It involves schmoozing at an embassy.) (Also, I'd rather not drive to Baltimore on a weekday.)