Zoom, zoom, bazoombas!

Congrats to TOWWAS, who correctly guessed that the private plane people have way more booth babes than the hand tool folks. But Kim totally scored “just like grrrbear” points for thinking exactly what I did when I signed up for these things. But apparently, the hand tool guys have started listening to their HR consultants, and cleaned up their acts appropriately.

The jet folks on the other hand, are still living in the 1960s apparently. I attribute this to the following pieces of evidence I witnessed personally at the show:

  • Everyone in attendance was either a 50+ year old white male; or an attractive, young woman who worked somewhere like sales or marketing but who was wearing “butt pants” (ladies, you know what these are – those special pants you own for no other reason than they show off your butt really well).
  • In addition to the hot employees, several companies had hired honest-to-god booth babes. One company hired to Hooters Girls to hang around and talk to folks (in full Hooters regalia) while another one hired three very tall, extremely hot* models and dressed them up as 1960’s stewardesses – not “flight attendants”…stewardesses (think “Catch Me If You Can” but with shorter skirts”).
  • In addition to company-hired booth babes, the first person you met as you walked in was likely a hot chick working for a trade magazine company offering you a free copy. I got one copy even before I got inside, and was assaulted by at least three others once I got inside the convention center.
  • I personally saw two men smoking in their booth. No, it wasn’t weed.

It was weird. I guess I expected more from this show because these were companies that cater to professionals. But I guess just because someone’s "professional" doesn’t mean a hot piece of tail won’t get their attention.

At least the freebies were good at the jet show. I got an automatically folding booklight and a bunch of cool stuff for the GF (and you too TOWWAS – but nobody had T-shirts, you’ll have to settle for what you’ll be receiving as soon as you email me your snail mail address).

*Note: not nearly as sexy as the GF. Judging from their giggles and assorted "Oh my gawd!" squeals as someone took their picture together in front of a "Welcome to Paris" greenscreen I think they fall more into the "Math is Hard" Barbie class rather than the "Particle Physicist" Barbie.

Comments

towwas said…
I'm bummed about the t-shirts, but hey, I love free stuff as much as the next girl. I'll send you that e-mail. Um, and it's actually the same address I've had since the age of 9, if that helps.
towwas said…
Come to think of it, I actually know someone who works for Black & Decker, or some pro brand they own, somewhere near Baltimore. But I think he's a tool designer, so maybe not so much at your trade show.
grrrbear said…
Black & Decker owns DeWalt, is that the company your friend works for?

And judging from the number of people working the DeWalt booth, I'd assume your friend was there. It appeared as though they'd drafted anyone within 50 miles of Baltimore to work the show.