Checking in!

Well, after three days back in small-town MN (and driving around what has rapidly become a city of subdivisions containing nothing but the same house in three shades of beige - ew) I'm wrapping things up here and heading out to big-city MN tomorrow for Xmas with dad. Both my mom and dad have dialup connections, however, so I'm keeping this to a minimum as I may be booted off any moment. I am however, currently totally jealous of the new PC my brother and I got my mom for Xmas.

As for the trip thus far, it can be summed up in three words - too much food. God, I may never eat again. What is it about moms that make them hoard and serve more food after you've moved out than they *ever* did when you lived there? I mean, my mom added a whole new pantry to the kitchen, for the love of pete! And I know she'll be sending cookies home with me too. Looks like I'll be bringing them into work after new years because I'm already in desperate need of a return trip to the gym as it is...

Comments

J.Po said…
You should get a tooth pulled 3 days before the eating begins next year. THat'll keep you from over-consumption AND you'll get a week's supply of Vicodin. (I speak from experience ... and discomfort.)
Jay Noel said…
You should just eat up...fatten up before you head back home.
grrrbear said…
For the record, mom send along the following with me when I left for my dad's place this morning:

1 entire cheesecake
1 chocolate "bomb" pastry
1 box of Krumkaka (Norwegian cookie that looks like a cardboard tube but tastes sooo much better)
1 box of Rosettes (think of a small taco salad shell but sugary and covered in powdered sugar)
1 bag of assorted cookies

I now have no room left in my trunk, and I'm supposed to give my brother a ride down to my aunt's on Friday. Looks like I'd better start eating...
Stacey Pelika said…
My mom doesn't like to cook. I end up cooking for her when I'm home - so you should consider yourself lucky!
KC said…
I refused to take any food home from Christmas dinner at my Mom's house. I did take a couple pieces of cake since I was too full to eat it while I was there. I think I gained about 4 pounds from just that one dinner. I'm glad that my family doesn't celebrate New Year's by having another huge glutton-fest. Maybe I can wish away these extra pounds? Probably not. I might have to actually get up off my butt and work-out.
Unknown said…
There was no trip to Nebraska for M.Bro and I this year, so I thought I'd be able to avoid the holiday bloat - no such luck though. How does a person gain a pound a day? And why can't I lose it as quickly?