My boots aren't made for walking

I found a neat website where you can create maps showing all the states that you have visited. You know, so you can better understand your "coverage". I have to admit that I'm feeling pretty proud of what I've been able to get done in only 31 years:




However, before I got too big a head I also tried the world version, and was significantly humbled:


So I've got a long ways to go. I'd better start planning my around-the-world vacation pretty soon if I'm ever going to finish up before I die.

Maybe this is a good time to start looking into the "Masters of International Arms Dealing" program at University of Phoenix...

Comments

ThatIsMeWhat said…
I would go to a brick and mortar for that international arms dealing degree. :P As for the maps, it looks like I better get cracking.
towwas said…
You've been to Colombia? Awesome! How come? I haven't done the state one - just (as you probably saw on my bloggy) the country one.
towwas said…
Also, it is totally weird to me that you have never been to Virginia. Come visit sometime and we'll go collect it.
grrrbear said…
The Gf and I stopped over in Colombia on our way to Ecuador, then had a layover in Panama on the way back. Yes, I used a very liberal definition to determine whether I'd been to a country, but as long as I'm consistant I don't think it's duplicitous.
grrrbear said…
Sweet! I need to come out to DC sometime for a weekend, just to see the Smithsonian and play tourist. That way I could check off DC too...
towwas said…
Oh, airports totally count. I think it's much better to take an absolutely literal view of countries/states - because some people claim you have to have spent time there, but really, how do you define "time?" Overnight? What about overnight inside an airport? How much of the night? Anyway. South American adventures. Excellent.