Update on the eye

For those of you playing along at home, I'm taking a quick break from packing for Maui and doing laundry to relate the story of my followup appointment with the retinologist on Wednesday. At the first appointment she had given a bunch of different treatment options. We started with steroids for 10 days and when I went back in the spot was still there. When the doctor looked at it and ran some tests though she said that the inflammation had decreased, and she said she's put me on another round of steroids because she said that going off them cold turkey might result in a "bounceback" resumption of the swelling. Then, she gave me the prescription and, on her way out of the office, she said "You'll probably always have a spot there. See you in a couple weeks!" and LEFT!

Needless to say, I was a little stunned. I mean, sure, I was clearly the last patient of the day. But that seemed a little brusque. And she was *gone* - I didn't see her at all on my way out. Needless to say, when I go back in for my followup, there will be a reckoning...

Comments

towwas said…
Whoa. That is crappy.
grrrbear said…
Yeah, I take a little solace in the fact that it's actually looking a little better today. Either that or my brain is already compensating and evolving a new focal point while I type.

Thanks, Darwin!
kippur said…
Nice bedside manor. I was told my "spot" will always be there as well. Lucky for me it is out of my field of vision. The bad thing is, at any time it could wake up and decide to spread. All they told me was...watch for any irregular vision patterns. At that point all I can do is take some drugs to knock it back into hibernation. But my doctor also lovingly told me "whatever blind spots you may get will always be there." and then in a much to cheery voice said "so catch em early"

Yeaaaa!