The joy of math.

Today is a red-letter day. A day to celebrate, a day that I never thought would actually come.

Yes, all my non-readers, today is the first day that I ever used the Pythagorean Theorem to solve a real-world problem. I mean I've used it before, but it was always for purely theoretical pursuits or abstract mathemetical doodling. But today we needed to figure out the placement of mounting holes on a latch we sell, and the only way I could think of to do it was using the theorem. And it worked! I'd like to take the opportunity to thank my 7th grade algebra teacher Mr. Krentz who probably thought I was a talented but tragically directionless youth. You were right, it may have only taken 15 years, but it *did* actually have a use in real life.

Come to think of it, he's probably dead by now. Weird.

Comments