Out and about Chi-town

This weekend I had some friends in town from my days in exile in Cleveland. So, while Friday was spent re-working my section of the final project for school, Saturday was my first chance to go out and fiesta since the painted-toenails debacle with Niki and Alison two weeks ago Monday. And since these friends are nowhere near as crazy as those girls, I figured my toenails would be safe this time.

The evening was grand. Good food and good company. And I didn't even feel weird about being the only non-couple out, mostly because I was enjoying myself. I've been really fortunate in my life to always end up meeting and making friends with good people. Quirky? Usually, but they are almost always good people. Makes one feel fortunate. Anyway, at this one bar I pulled a classic me and fell in love with the hostess. I have a nasty habit of falling in love with women I've never spoken to. Whether she is a hostess at a trendy bar, a character in a play, or someone on a TV show - those are the worst. I'm sure if I spent many hours and dollars in therapy I'd figure out why I was always drawn to the Joey Potters and Carol Vesseys of the television world instead of just going up to someone in a bar and striking up a conversation. I mean it's not like I'm a shy person, for pete's sake. For now I'm not worrying about it until school's done. I've got other things to worry about at the moment, like this paper I'm supposed to be working on right now but am procrastinating on.

Jeff Gordon won the Brickyard 400 today...and I still don't care. The magic of NASCAR continues to escape me. Go figure.

Comments