Is allergy season a *surprise*!?

As everyone knows, I work in an office environment - just like many other people, including at least 50% of my reading public on this blog. And my question is why is it that every spring and fall, people with allergies act as though the onset of their sniffles is a complete shock to them? I am sitting right between two people who, every few minutes, engage in a nose-blowing and sniffling frenzy that borders on orgasmic.

I really want to know why these people don't understand that there are things they can do about it? They seem resigned to just suffer through, sniffling every 20 seconds and driving me insane. It's not like it's expensive as we have the best health care plan I've ever heard of (everything's free) and it's not like they don't know what it is (they all complain about it upon arrival in the morning as part of morning banter). Yet they do *nothing*. I mean how could they not have seen an ad for Claritin, or Allegra, or any of the other million allergy pills out there? They don't *look* Amish...

I just don't get it. But I feel better now after this little rant. Thanks.

Comments