Why God, Why?

Seriously, why is it that people think this guy is actually doing a good job? I really want to know. I understand that people think he's got good morals ("Bombing arabs is what Jesus would *want* us to do") or that he's affable in an "I'd like to have a beer with the guy" sort of way. But he just lacks any sort of intellectual substance. I am disappointed on a daily basis that the ignorification of America has progressed to the point where this is now acceptable. Don't we want someone smart to be running the country? Wasn't it just a few years ago that everyone was nervous about something happening to Bush the first because it meant (god forbid) that tweedle-Quayle would become president? I blame the death of quality public education...

Movies I saw this weekend...
Girl Next Door: :-) (Pretty funny, and Elisha Cuthbert is really, really hot)
School of Rock: :-] (The Jack Black show, but still held its own)
Bad Santa: :-P (Oven-baked garbage, the worst movie I've seen in *years*. I hated all the characters)
About Schmidt: :-) (No wonder Jack got the Oscar nom. If I don't get married in the next few years I wonder if that's what'll happen to me)

Comments

J.Po said…
It took me getting comments from you for days to realize who you are. For more juice for this boring comment, see the comment left on your 'weekend, wow' or whatever blog.

Glad you've entered the somewhat sad but socially acceptable world of online interaction.

J
Stacey Pelika said…
It took me about an hour of solid blog research to discern your identity - it was the mention of Alexandria that sealed the deal for me. That, and "J. Peter Man."
grrrbear said…
Wow, whoda thunk it would take an hour to figure out who I am? Even I didn't think I was *that* mysterious.

I kinda feel like Keyser Soze, except without all the evil...