The agony and ecstacy of door hardware

I'm sitting here at work at almost 7:00. Again. It's been like this for almost three weeks now as I make up for the crunch time and the ultra-slow start I got on this project. Don't get me wrong, as the GF would testify, I have developed an odd fascination with hardware because of my job (she has personally observed me examining hinges, latches, etc as we are walking through downtowns, hotels, etc - and does so with a good humored understanding that makes me that much more crazy about her).

Needless to say this hasn't allowed much time for blogging. Which disappoints me tremendously, because I know how awful I can get about keeping in touch with folks. I feel like this is a way for me to do so with multiple people simultaneously, so it's way more efficient than emailing (Where I always have to keep up with who I've emailed recently and all the different email dialogues I have with people). The internal debate of the day is just how big to make the observing audience for the blog. I mean, when I started it it was more of a daily life log - so it's even more boring than it is today, what with my inability to figure out how to post pictures. I worry somtimes that the world is passing me by in important technologiucal ways. Here I sit, with only rudimentary skills in HTML, blogging, Microsoft Access, or even Powerpoint for that matter. Meanwhile all my friends who used to rely on me for techno-geekness have already mastered all of them. So many things to ponder once time frees up.

Thankfully, the end is in sight. The deadline for this project is Monday so after coming into work for about another 8 hours Saturday I should be a little more free for more regular updates. So stick with me folks, it's only going to get better. Even if I can't post pictures yet.

Comments

Stacey Pelika said…
I have to admit that you'd reached 'occasional viewing' status on my tours through blogland. But lo, I come by today and there are multiple new posts - welcome back!

As for photo posting, I use Hello (www.hello.com) - it's free, easy, and resizes the photos for you. Plus, it has a cute logo.

Good luck finishing up the project!
Stacey Pelika said…
Oh, I was going to add that I don't find 'daily life' posting boring at all. I think you need to write about what you want to write about. For a while I thought that I should be all academic-y and write smart stuff about politics all the time. But then I realized that I didn't want to do that all the time. Plus, I've found that writing about eating the library has generated a lot more discussion than anything political/'important' I've written!
grrrbear said…
Well, I think you can expect a lot more of it now. I'm checking this blog and updating it 3-4 times a day now. Man, having that project done feels awesome!

I wonder if this is what if feels like to be on X...