Mi-ya hee!!! Mi-ya hoo!!!

I’ve become totally obsessed with the Numa Numa Dance phenomenon. For those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about, a while back some kid made a video of himself totally rockin’ out to a song by some Romanian pop group that involved love and linden trees. He posted it on Newgrounds.com and the rest is history.

Needless to say, it’s pretty darn funny and swept through the interweb. There’s just something grotesquely fascinating about it. Beautiful and repellant all at the same time. Naturally, the internet being full of people with lots of creativity but no originality, it has spawned multiple
parodies (including one involving Napoleon Dynamite) and various fansites of both the pro- and anti-numa numa camps.

Myself I’m most fascinated by the wave of “anti-numa numa” people. I mean, it’s one little video, with absolutely no consequence whatsoever. But people go off on it, claiming “it’s not funny, it’s stupid”, “anybody could have done it” and “the video is poor quality”. I don’t get what the big deal is. Just because the chunky kid thought of it before you did doesn’t make it not funny. If it wasn’t funny, nobody would watch it. I think that, much like the comments section on the videos posted on big-boys, the only people who actually care enough to make their opinions known are twelve year old boys hopped up on mountain dew and pop rocks. In which case they’ll grow out of it eventually just like I did.

Anyway, I’ll bet that after you hear that song the first few times it’ll be stuck in your head all day.

Comments