Sapphire bullets of pure love

Just a few bullet-point musings on the weird state of the world lately...

  1. Dude, this guy is one baaaaad mother, maybe he is Shaft. I mean, how does that idea get in your head? “Hmmm, I’m being mauled by a leopard. What to do, what to do… I know, I’ll rip its tongue out with my bare hands!”. Still, good to know. Too bad I didn’t know how effective this technique is when I got attacked by dogs in Ecuador.
  2. How much cooling power could a leaf of cabbage have anyway? Surely it wouldn’t be enough to get you through an entire baseball game. This means that for the last 6-7 innings this guy’s out there running around with a warm, slimy piece of foliage on his head.
  3. Just when you think people in official positions of authority in large organizations get it…they go and screw it up again. Now, I don’t dispute that the reason Danica is getting so much hype is because she’s a very attractive woman. Is she a good driver? No doubt about it. Frankly, I hope she wins every race she’s in for the rest of her career (because she’s the only IRL driver who’s name I’d recognize). But does anyone think she’d be getting all the hype and the media coverage if she looked like Kathy Bates? Seriously? It’s kind of sad that our society can’t just enjoy the game. But it’s not about the game anymore, it’s about the players. And if you’re a female athlete – nobody cares unless you’re hot. Or a lesbian. Think of the media hysterics if a hot lesbian athlete came on the scene…hold on…I think I’ve just hit on the next big reality television series, somebody get Mark Bunett on the phone!
  4. Lions are endangered for a reason. Not habitat distruction, not poaching, nope. Obviously, it's because they are stupid. I mean, yay that the girl was rescued, but the whole logic of "the lions must have mistaken her for a lion cub" doesn't gel for me. That presumes that the lions would disregard her lack of A) fur ("Maybe she's just got a bad case of mange." they say to themselves), B) a tail ("Oh, the poor little cub must've been in some sort of horrible accident with a farm implement during the meat harvest"), C) fan affiliation with Detroit (NFL), British Columbia (CFL), or Penn State (Big Ten) ("Maybe her jersey was stolen by poachers!"). All of this adds up to Lions not being terribly bright. Unless they figure out how to drive tanks, I think they're screwed.

Comments

Annie said…
I've seen lots of hikers do the cabbage in the hat thing while doing long day hikes. I've never tried it though. I'm very curious if it works.