And GQ's "Tits of the Year 2005" goes to...

So GQ has named Jennifer Aniston as it’s first ever “Woman of the Year” along with more traditional “Men of the Year” Vince Vaughn and 50 Cent. In what is being hailed as the biggest advancement for women since they were liberated from leg irons in the kitchen, Aniston will grace the cover of GQ’s next issue. GQ articles Editor Mark Healy said it best when he said “Sometimes, when you think someone is as deserving as (Aniston), then you make room.”

Let’s look at the picture shall we:



Hmmm…interesting. Apparently GQ is taking a different approach to their Men and Woman of the year photo shoots this year. I guess that shooting them topless exposes their vulnerability somewhat, and might make them more endearing to readers….I wonder what Vince and 50 look like? I bet 50’s got way better abs than Vince:



I see…So Jen is topless and the guys are buttoned up. I guess this is why GQ thought she was so “deserving”. Vince is funny, 50 is the token black guy, and Jen’s got great tits. Nice.

I’m not even irritated, really. I love boobs as much as the next guy, but doesn’t GQ realize that much of their readership won’t care? I mean, a men’s magazine with no nudity but a heavy focus on fashion, accessories and “lifestyle”? Hello!? Don’t they understand how many of their readers must be gay? Don’t they think that group might appreciate a little somethin’-somethin’?

I also must admit that my level of respect for Jen has dropped a bit. I mean, sure, exposure is exposure and all publicity is good publicity I know. But when she walked onto the shoot and was told to take her top off while Vince is sitting there in a turtleneck – wouldn’t she figure out what’s going on and say “No, that’s stupid. I’m above this.”? She handled Larry King so well that I figured she must have developed some backbone after surviving the whole divorce thing. Maybe not.

Comments

KC said…
I wish I knew how to photoshop pictures. I'd make sure that 50 and Vince were shirtless, too. I might even give them boobs.
Cheryl said…
In my experience gay men are fascinated by tits because they don't have them and don't seek them and they wonder why straight men have such a fascination. They put half naked women on women's magazines too, maybe it is the same bizarre marketing startegy. Boobs sell. Hmm, maybe they are straight men.
Jay Noel said…
So Aniston is woman of the year because...because she got dumped by Brad Pitt????

I don't get it. Other than that fiasco, what the hell has she done? Her TV show is over, and she hasn't done any good movies.

She's hot...but plenty of women are. I don't get it.