Is it epiphany yet?

Oh man I’m exhausted. For some reason the holiday season always seems to reach its fervent peak the week prior to the actual Christmas week. I think this is because all my friends decide to have their parties that week so that I can spend next week with family. The trouble is that I’ve had events all week for the theater company I’m on the board for, so between work, theater stuff, and parties I’ve literally had events scheduled every day this week. After slowly making my way through most of the week I’m now coming into crunch time with work today, party tonight, work tomorrow (at 6 am…errgh…), then come home, shower and go to another party in the suburbs tomorrow night.

Needless to say I can’t wait. Seriously. As much as I don’t like having my life scheduled out to the minute, and as much as I miss my 2 hour long marathon sessions of discovery channel surfing, I do love getting a chance to see old friends, especially when one just got engaged and another two just had a baby (who I will get my first chance to corrupt!). As much as I try to complain, I just love this time of year. Plus, my mom just called and told me there is enough snow at home to go snowmobiling! Woo-hoo!

My little brother used to have a guinea pig named Chuck. Chuck was a genius, he would tell you whenever he had to go to the bathroom by tugging on your shirt with his teeth and learned to play dead and “wake up” on command. Because of him I now believe that guinea pigs are the third smartest animals on earth, after dolphins and raccoons. In fact, the only reason that guinea pigs haven’t taken over the planet is their lack of opposable thumbs and feeble, almost useless legs – which make it impossible for them to drive. They can absorb a lot of abuse though, Chuck fell off a big-wheel (would have been fine had my brother not run over him in it after he fell off – just a broken leg though), survived 6-story (well, relative to Chuck) plunges into boxes of packing peanuts, and beat up my cat when it got into Chuck’s cage. Chuck was tough, but I think he was exceptional since the one we got after he passed on to the great box of cedar shavings in the sky was a big coward.

Anyway, I relate the Chuck story because I wanted to post this funny picture. Chuck looked kinda like this one, only with shorter fur and without the funny hat – Chuck hated hats (as much as we tried).

Comments

Nobody said…
Snowmobiling is the SHIT. I ahd never been and went on a friend's farm last year, in the middle of the night. Freaking AMAZING! Have fun at home and during the week! I love it too...
KC said…
I'm also on the board of a local professional theatre company. Theatre-geeks give great parties!

Love the photo!