Juicy, yet shameless plug for my homegirl.

Because I'm a guy, I usually avoid the chick lit section of my local bookstore. But there is one author who I now actually read - my dear friend Beth. She's smart and funny and has a way with words that makes you happy you know how to read; or if you can't read she inspires you to learn. We met in college and I immediately knew that she'd be someone famous. This is something I have a history of actually. I know at least three people who are going to be famous actors, a soon-to be famous television producer, a soon-to be even more famous game show host and comedian, and of course a liberal number of soon to be famous scientists and journalists.

This is how it is with me - all my friends eventually become famous*. But Beth looks like she is the first to actually achieve fame. Sure, she writes chick lit, but it's funny and I even have my own dedication byline in her first novel. Anyway, she finally has gotten around to starting her own blog which I've added to my blogroll. Note that she writes under two names now - the Beth Killian is her saucier side (for the teens) and Beth Kendrick is for the more mature chick-lit connoisseur (in their 20's-30's). Anyway, mad props to Beth - any of you readers who read chick lit** should check her out (first chapters of all her books are readable on her websites).

*Whether or not this includes infamy I have yet to figure out.
**You know you want to Nowhere Girl! Xmas decorations be damned!

Comments

towwas said…
Yeah, she's funny. But it annoys me that she moderates comments on her blog...there's no instant gratification. Oh, I see that I'm behind on her books - there's a new one out since the last time I checked.
grrrbear said…
I doubt that the comments moderation was her idea. But when your target audience is teen and pre-teen girls, I'd imagine that the amount of backstabbing and general cattiness would almsot necessitate comment moderation.

As usual, it's the children who suffer.
Nobody said…
he he he... you know I love the chick lit. LOVE IT. ok, I'll check her out. By the way, x-mas decor is officially GONEEEEE! Hooray! ;)