1) I am so sick and tired of the jocks at the gym walking around rubbing their stomachs under their t-shirts. What's the deal with that anyway? Is it just a contrived tactic to semi-flash their six-pack abs at the women on the stairmasters?
2) Why is it that only women use stairmasters? What, do men not care about having shapley calves and hinders?
3) How come men grunt like professional tennis players when they lift weights? Moreover, why is it when they finish a set they drop the weights as though they were the heaviest things on earth and that they were fortunate to survive it without their arms ripping off at the shoulders? You never see women doing that. They just lift the weights, finish the set, put the weights back and then head back the stairmaster. All the exercise, none of the drama.
4) Why do some women wear makeup to the gym? Any why doesn't is get smeared when they get all sweaty? Did someone invent sweat-proof makeup without it being plastered all over the front pages of Cosmo, Elle, and Drag Queen Weekly?
5) How is it that the one guy or gal always decides to use the last piece of equipment of my routine *right* when that's the only piece I have left to use? Why doesn't he/she remember to wipe it down when they're finished? And why is he/she always the person who thinks that sweat is as much a gym-fashion accessory as too-tight shorts?
6) I think I understand why women's magazines like Vogue and Cosmo are so thick - it's so a woman can sit down on the reclining bike or get on the stairmaster and read one cover-to-cover while getting a decent amount of cardio. Why don't men bring in reading material* you wonder? Because we're too busy checking out the chicks on the stairmasters and reclining bikes.
* e.g. Maxim, Popular Science, or GQ
I have a hard time believing that Elmo was traumatized by Katy Perry's decollatage after discovering that he had already "been arou...
A friend of mine who I used to work with in Cleveland is in the Chicago office this week for a conference, so I went out with her and a few ...
So I saw this article on MSN.com (who in turn stole it from Men's Health) the other day and thought it was pretty interesting. I'm n...
Some of you may have heard about the image of the Virgin Mary that popped up under a freeway overpass in Chicago this morning. What you may ...