I would like a nap now please

Well, after hosting a clearly under-the-weather TOWWAS last week I think it’s pretty safe to say that she was obviously harboring a mutant variant hybrid of Bird Flu and the Ebola virus as despite a near-constant intake of Airborne during her stay – it wasn’t enough. I had been fine up until yesterday morning, when I started feeling a little tickle at the back of my throat. Said tickle has now morphed into a sore throat, sniffles, and preponderance of phlegm at the back of my throat.

Needless to say, this sucks. And I didn’t feel bad enough to justify taking a sick day, particularly after missing work on Friday because of the window “issues”.

Anyway, I’m basically counting down the minutes until I can get back home and to bed today. But I ran across an interesting article today responding to the latest terrorist threat of liquids in carry-on. Apparently, not even banning liquids, laptops, and other electronic devices will keep us safe. The only logical solution is that in the near future, the only way people will be able to fly on planes at all is to board completely naked, as it is too easy to smuggle explosives aboard in pants or belts.

As if it wasn’t uncomfortable enough to be wedged next to the fat guy in 17B.

Comments

MonkeyMom said…
I see a Threadless shirt in the future:

Protect the world...fly naked!
towwas said…
Ohhhhh, man. I am so sorry. I am the worst guest ever. Not only do I make you watch me nap all day, I also make you share my disease. Ack. I'm sorry. Someday you can come visit me and breathe your nasty Chicago germs throughout the D.C. area. (I have comfy couches at my house, too, PLUS my mom will cook for you.)