- One s’more is good; two s’mores are better; four s’mores allows you to finish off a complete Hershey bar.
- Unpacking wet stuff from a camping trip always takes about twice as long as the initial packing. Putting said stuff away in its proper place, however, can take days.
- Youtube is a force for evil time wastage. It is way too easy to get sucked into a world of very angry cats, Daily Show clips, and bizarre clips of strippers/archers.
- No matter how good one’s intentions, sometimes you can’t get everything done in one evening. So stories from the camping trip will have to wait a bit.
- Before he passed, Steve Irwin had set up a non-profit to help promote conservation and awareness of wild creatures. It’s called Wildlife Warriors Worldwide and I went over there to give a little donation in his memory. Sure, it’s Australian, but I just loved the Croc Hunter – he was fun to watch, even if you thought he was a little over the top. Plus, it’s still tax deductible in the US. [UPDATE: apparently the site is currently being a little swamped with love for Steve. Good to see but you might want to wait a few days if you want to give something yourself.]
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
S'mores = Warm, Chocolatey Crystal Meth
Things I learned last night:
I have a hard time believing that Elmo was traumatized by Katy Perry's decollatage after discovering that he had already "been arou...
A friend of mine who I used to work with in Cleveland is in the Chicago office this week for a conference, so I went out with her and a few ...
So I saw this article on MSN.com (who in turn stole it from Men's Health) the other day and thought it was pretty interesting. I'm n...
This weekend was spent in far northeast Iowa, watching one of my cousins get married. She’s a peach of a gal, and I happen to like her now-h...