- One s’more is good; two s’mores are better; four s’mores allows you to finish off a complete Hershey bar.
- Unpacking wet stuff from a camping trip always takes about twice as long as the initial packing. Putting said stuff away in its proper place, however, can take days.
- Youtube is a force for evil time wastage. It is way too easy to get sucked into a world of very angry cats, Daily Show clips, and bizarre clips of strippers/archers.
- No matter how good one’s intentions, sometimes you can’t get everything done in one evening. So stories from the camping trip will have to wait a bit.
- Before he passed, Steve Irwin had set up a non-profit to help promote conservation and awareness of wild creatures. It’s called Wildlife Warriors Worldwide and I went over there to give a little donation in his memory. Sure, it’s Australian, but I just loved the Croc Hunter – he was fun to watch, even if you thought he was a little over the top. Plus, it’s still tax deductible in the US. [UPDATE: apparently the site is currently being a little swamped with love for Steve. Good to see but you might want to wait a few days if you want to give something yourself.]
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
S'mores = Warm, Chocolatey Crystal Meth
Things I learned last night: