Granted, you'd have to buy a lot of curtains if you wanted to run around nekkid

My dad lives just north of an old stretch of Stinson Blvd in Minneapolis that, back in the day, was mostly industrial. Most of those factories have closed down now and - true to form - are being converted to loft condos. One of them that I'm particularly interested in is the old Cream of Wheat factory. Most notable perhaps for its giant corner tower, I was curious what it was going to look like, and what they would do with the tower. It turns out that the work has been completed, and the tower has been integrated into one of the units! Check it out - on that link, click on the "Enter Site" and a new window will open showing a picture of the building. Click on the tower and the floorplan will pop up.

The tower portion (in the lower right part of the floorplan) is actually two or three* more floors of living space, surrounded by glass on all sides. Man, if I win the lottery tonight, I'm *so* gonna snap that place up.

Then, I just need to find a beautiful princess with long blond hair to imprison on the top floor...

* I saw it when I was home over the holidays last year and it's hard to see for sure.

Comments

towwas said…
OMG. I want. Too bad I don't have blond hair, or you could imprison me in that tower.
grrrbear said…
There's always peroxide!
Annie said…
I need to get a job at U of M so I can live there!
Stacey Pelika said…
That's pretty sweet. My cousin lives in a loft right next to the new Guthrie - in a converted mill, I think, and her windows look right at the river through another old mill (the Mill City Museum, in fact) - also pretty sweet.
Unknown said…
Maybe Minneapolis needs to get this abandonization problem under control before they start moving all these people back in! Wait...
KC said…
wow. What a great looking place.
Unknown said…
Right when they announced this project, that tower loft was put up for sale on Ebay. I don't know if anyone bought it, but I tried to submit a bid well below the minimum. It didn't work.