Monday, May 14, 2007

Another epic journey begins...

As you’ve probably picked up on, my postings from last week reached a new record level in terms of volume. Partially, this was because there was a lot of stuff going on last week that was blog-worthy, and partially, it was overcompensating for the fact that I’m heading out for another business trip that will last me pretty much for the remainder of this week. In fact I was supposed to be in Massachusetts today, but thanks to the stunning incompetence and inefficiency of Cook County’s bureaucracy* I have yet to get my driver’s license returned to me from the speeding ticket I received back on April 9th. Now, I have a passport, so I can fly with no problems. But without a valid driver’s license I can’t rent a car. And since my travels are supposed to take me from New Hampshire to Vermont to Massachusetts to Connecticut, I can’t just take a cab everywhere like I usually would.

And I suppose it’d be asking a bit much for the company to hire me a limo with driver for the entire three days I’m going to be out there. Although it *is* kind of funny to picture me (all surly and cranky from a bad flying experience on Southwest) being driven about small-town New England by Morgan Freeman in full “Driving Mister Grrrbear” mode…

“What are you doing?”

“I’m tryin’ to drive you to the factory!”

* Thanks, Todd Stroger you incompetent product of nepotism! =)

2 comments:

The Phoenix said...

That would be one helluva journey, though. It beats taking a cab that smells like ass.

Grafs said...

Just think...Southwest is the GOOD airline. The others will just send you by 3rd class mail.

After all, Elmo seems equally disinterested in both...

I have a hard time believing that Elmo was traumatized by Katy Perry's decollatage after discovering that he had already "been arou...