Of course, I suppose I could just carry another flavor in my car to cover it up...

A friend of mine recently gave me a pack of a new flavor of Orbit gum that is supposed to taste like “Mint Mojito”. I’m not one to turn down free gum, particularly when it is offered by someone as evangelical about it as my friend was. But one thing that sort of made me hesitant to jump right into the experience was the fact that the flavor is designed to taste (allegedly) like a cocktail.

I mean, I have to drive home after work – what happens if I get pulled over and the cop smells mint mojito on my breath? Do I end up getting thrown into prison since I’ve already had my license (temporarily) taken away due to an inadvertent speeding ticket last month*? That would suck.

And all because a friend gave me a free pack. Clearly – she’s after my job…

* When I call the county circuit court clerk’s office, they tell me that it takes “between 3 days to 5 weeks” for them to get the ticket from the police department. Then they have to process it and my payment (which I sent the day I got the ticket) and return my license to me. Models of efficiency – both of them. But this is a whole other rant that I lack the energy to get into…

Comments

KC said…
I love mojitos, but I think they are a pain in the ass to make. So, next time I want one, I'll do a shot of rum and chew some mojito gum. Sounds like a winner to me!
towwas said…
Dude - you had your license suspended?? How fast were you going?
grrrbear said…
It's not suspended, don't worry. But when you get a speeding ticket they take your driver's license away until you pay the fine. It's just a way of ensuring payment. In the interim the paper copy of the ticket serves as your driver's license, but you can't use it as an ID because it doesn't have your photo. Kind of annoying.
towwas said…
Wow. Yeah, that's *totally* annoying.