How hot is *your* ass? Now you can know!

Do you ever have one of those situations where you find yourself needing to use the facilities in a public place? It's like a shell game, really. You sit there facing the row of stalls* trying to figure out which one was least likely to be, shall we say, "freshly used". There are few things that make me uncomfortable in the world** - but one is sitting down on a pre-warmed toilet seat. I'm not quite sure whether the uncomfortness is due more to my feeling violated or feeling like I'm violating someone else, but either way it's all "ew".

I can't imagine I'm the only person to have this issue, which is why I'm shocked that it took so long for someone to invent heat-sensitive toilet seats, which change color when they are warmed by someone's nether-regions. Talk about problem solving!

Although, I'm a little weirded out by the copy that describes the "alternative" benefits of such technology:


Conversely, if one is looking for intimate contact with an anonymous stranger without the associated awkwardness of verbal discourse, one could seek out the warm toilet seat.


Ew. I think I have something new to be uncomfortable about...

* Sure, us dudes most often just get to pick a urinal, but let's stay focused on the real issue.
** Others include people sleeping on mass transit, combs on the floor, and seeing dogs poop in public.

Comments