Umm...huh?

Even though I don't trumpet it from the highest hill, I happen to be a big fan of 'net neutrality. Maybe it's because I'm from Minnesota* but I always find myself rooting against the big dominating powers regardless of whether it's in football or internet-related business models.

That said, I don't really do a whole lot about it because frankly what I do doesn't really matter. Sure, I wrote an email to my congressional delegation, but other than that I don't really have a whole lot to offer in terms of persuasion.

Tania Derveaux, on the other hand, is somewhat more creative in her approach. She has set up a website** where she states "I will make love with every virgin who defends the internet". Apparently, she is soliciting virgins to defend 'net neutrality via "a printout of a forum post or a link to a v[ideo b]log". Yeah, because those are ironclad guarantees of the effort someone's put into defending the internet.

I can't help but believe that this is all some sort of scam or "viral marketing" effort. Here's why:
  • Tania looks like she's totally hot, but she's apparently not good at math. She states that she will only have sex with virgins because she "doesn't want to have to turn people away". But doesn't she realize how many virgins are out there? Who are also on the internet?
  • The "Terms of Service" section describes how she's perfectly willing to let the virgin's friends come along and watch the act, or to videotape it. She also offers to pay for all travel to come to said virgin. No actual woman does that.
  • She's apparently from Belgium. Maybe she thinks this will limit the number of virgins who will take her up on the offer. She clearly doesn't understand how many virgins are playing World of Warcraft right now with nothing else to do but fly to Belgium.
  • The URL of her website is also a pretty big clue: http://dontstayvirgin.movielol.org
I'm betting we've got about a week before the rest of the movie trailers start hitting the web. Then prepare for the pitiful keening wail of millions of virgins all over the world bemoaning the non-refundable tickets to Belgium they just bought.

* And therefore all my sports teams have been (at best) underdogs.
** Note, the website itself is not too pervy. A few pictures of Tania, but everything's covered. Still, *I* sure wouldn't want to be seen viewing it at work.

Comments

towwas said…
So...it's a movie? What?
grrrbear said…
Well, that's what *I* think, but all I know for sure is that I'm really skeptical there's some hot chick in Belgium who will sleep with any virgin (and let his friend's watch) simply for being willing to post a comment in some online forum somewhere.
Unknown said…
But will she give me two cents for every person I forward her e-mail to?