Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fight back sweat!

One of the recent trips for work was a visit to the International Woodworking Fair in Atlanta last week. At the show, I saw a lot of machinery that only serious lumber-using people (e.g. Ikea) would ever use but I also saw a super-high-end sports car that was made almost entirely of wood - The Splinter:



All right, you say, that's interesting but why should I care?

The funniest thing about the car was that the seats are made of wicker.



Think about what a cool idea this would be in a real car. You know all those times you come back to your car after work on a hot day only to get inside and realize hot how the seats are? By the time you get halfway home the small of your back is already a river of sweat and you're completely undignified-looking for the big gala you have to attend at Wayne Manor.

All that would be solved if all cars just had seats with wicker backs. I wonder if I could get my seats in my car swapped out with wicker. Or at least Aeron chairs...

2 comments:

towwas said...

They call it "the splinter"? Is that supposed to make me *want* to put my butt in the seat?

grrrbear said...

Yes. Presumably as much as naming the teenage mutant ninja turtle sensei "Spinter" made people want to own pet rats.

After all, Elmo seems equally disinterested in both...

I have a hard time believing that Elmo was traumatized by Katy Perry's decollatage after discovering that he had already "been arou...