Returning to base

It's been almost a year since my last post. Sure, I'll admit I got caught up in all the hoopla about Facebook for a while. But lately I'm finding myself getting kind of tired about it. I missed the regularness of just blogging. Where I can form and use complete sentences and where I am sheltered from the Farmvilles, the quizzes, and the people you didn't really know in school but you felt too weird *not* accepting the invitation. I mean certainly I don't claim this venue to be completely anonymous, but it's nice to use proper punctuation and give context. So I'm toying with the idea of getting back into blogging, we'll see how it goes.

I'm in Seattle now, and so far it's been a bit of a mixed bag (like any relocation). On the one hand the new job can be a bit overwhelming at times but it's also really exciting and interesting at times. The weather is really amenable too, sure it drizzles a lot in the winter but it's also really beautiful during sunny hours* and everywhere I look or drive or walk it's a vista with mountains in the distance and hiking about 15 minutes drive from downtown.

I'll try to catch up on other things as I remember/notice them. Baby steps.

* Notice how I didn't say "sunny days"? There's a reason...

Comments