A whole new meaning of "charged up"

One of the more interesting aspects of my regular job are the trade publications I get to read on a regular basis. I’ve blogged about this before but I didn’t get a chance to show off the skills of the highly trained ad wizards who put together insightful, subtle and effective ads targeting the folks they believe are reading said trade magazines.

Ads like this one, which I pulled from "Professional Tool & Equipment News"* and scanned in using my brand new scanner/printer/copier combo (click to enlarge):



Everyone stop now, take a minute, and pick your jaw up off the floor.

I feel dirty…

Now, I recognize that you can't throw a pipe wrench at an industry trade show without hitting a booth babe. Sure, sex sells, but can't you at least cloak it in double entendre rather than just the single layer version?

* Sort of an ironic title, since this is aobut the most unprofessional ad I've ever seen.

Comments