Finally! Proof of what I was talking about!

Hey, do you remember the post from about a year ago where I mentioned my blind date back in college with the girl from the Arby's fishnet stockings ad from the Super Bowl commercial?

Well, for some reason I've been getting a lot of hits from people searching for that ad again - apparently the last super bowl prompted people to resurrect their memories of that ad*. But the nice thing about all the additional interest is that Metacafe finally got video up featuring the video, so now (only one year later) ya'll can finally see who I was talking about!


Fishnets - video powered by Metacafe

For those of you still determined to stalk her, no, I won't tell you what her name is - and no, she's not available. We ran into each other at a mutual friend's wedding several years ago, so I know that she's married quite happily. I mean, obviously he's happy**, but she seemed happy too. So yay for her.

* And now everyone wants to know what her name is and, no doubt, how best to go about stalking her.
** Especially if she got to keep the fishnets from the shoot.

Comments

Jay Noel said…
That's pretty hillarious. Now I have a hankering for a fish sandwich.
kippur said…
Crap, I swear I JUST saw that commercial on TV yesterday! I think Arby's knew they had a good thing there.
towwas said…
Omg. I totally don't recognize her. OAM, you say?
grrrbear said…
Yes, she's an OAM alum. One year behind us. She had much longer hair then, though. Theater person? I'll just email you with the name.

Don't feel bad, I didn't recognize her at first either. I think it's the hair.
Unknown said…
That ad is super-effective! I'm headed out right now to buy....uh...stockings, and, um...where am I what's going on?
Anonymous said…
We are just curious to see if she has been in any television shows or movies, etc...

Cris and Jimm

jimmc1967@yahoo.com
grrrbear said…
Hey C&J,

Sorry, but as far as I know she hasn't been in anything TV show or movie-like yet. She's done a fair bit of stage work, but since moving to LA it's been mostly commercials. She did at least one Subway commercial that I know if, and I think an ad for an insurance company, but I can't recall which one.

But if (when) she does get her own pilot you'll hear it here first!

Well, most likely second or third...maybe 10th. I've been kinda busy lately.
Anonymous said…
grrrbear,

Thanks for the heads up. I (Jimm) really like her haircut so suggested it to my wife (Cris). It's nearly impossible to do a screen pull to print out a still image, so we will just send her hair person a copy of the video.

We will keep our eyes on this site to see how this young woman's career develops.